Great for the kids to make and enjoy!
Serves: 16 cakes
Prepare: 10 minutes (plus setting time)
- 200g Rice Crispies or Nature’s Path organic crispy rice
- 100g/½ cup 60% dark chocolate
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 3 handfuls flaked almonds
- 3 handfuls sultanas
- Up to 50g white chocolate, if making for kids, as dark chocolate can be too bitter if they aren’t used to it.
- Place a pan on the hob with 2-3 inches of water in the bottom and sit a glass bowl on top, to make a bain-marie. Take care that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water.
- Break the dark chocolate into chunks (with the white chocolate, if using) and melt over the simmering water.
- Whilst the chocolate is melting, dry-fry the flaked almonds until brown around the edges.
- Once the dark chocolate has melted, stir in the vanilla essence
- Slowly add the rice crispies, flaked almonds and sultanas to the chocolate, stirring until all the grains are coated.
- Spoon into muffin cases and place in the fridge to set.
Use organic dark chocolate, and decrease the amount of white chocolate as your children get used to the taste. You can also add other nuts, or seeds like pumpkin or sunflower to the mixture.
Nutrition (per serving):
- 100 kCal
- 4g total fat
- 2g saturated fat
- 15g net carbs
- 2g protein
- 1g fibre