This is a homemade version of the shop bought classic – you can omit the garlic or use red onion or shallots for a sweeter taste. If you can, make a day in advance so that the flavours have time to meld together.
- 125g free range, organic mayonnaise
- 120g sour cream
- Half a small onion – use red or white or a single shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or very finely chopped
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- selection of crunchy raw vegetables, to serve
- If you own a mini chopper, place the onion, garlic, parsley and lemon juice in, and blitz well. Otherwise, chop everything finely.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, and mix well and season to taste.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and serve with sticks of raw veg for dipping. Can be stored covered and chilled for up to five days.